Sunday 16 December 2018

Short but Brutal.

On a quiet, dull Sunday afternoon I'm listening to Massenet on the radio and contemplating the last week. It was short from a work perspective but pretty brutal. After our fairly peaceful start to the academic year it is has turned hard and tragic. People have been left reeling and people feel vulnerable. Term ended on Friday but we do not think we are through such turbulent times.

My last day at work is Wednesday. The plan after that is to head to Hythe for a week, sort out the food, undertake the celebration and catch up with friends. Spoke to dad yesterday which was good. Once again he worries about Christmas cards but he can only manage so much.

I'm looking forward to it really. That is a far cry from when I was really depressed. With the odd exception my mood is in plus territory. Long may it stay there.

Tonight's kitchen treat is slow roast shoulder of pork. Great smell wafting in. Initially I intended to have the day on my own but have now invited Richard. He had a fall recently and is somewhat under the weather so thought I'm save him some effort. Never tire of roast pork.

The question now is do I go out for a pint or just stay in the warm and read. Not sure really. Whatever you are doing out there enjoy your Sunday; and the holidays will soon be here.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment