Friday 21 December 2018

Moonlight Over the Sea.

The moon is not quite full. The shortest day is upon us. It is mild but dull. And I'm down by the seaside. The long sojourn of the first term is over. The university will not reopen until 2nd January and I'm off until the following week. Hurrah for the holidays.

My journey down was tortuous at times. Only 55 minutes to get the the M20 but then roadworks and speed restrictions much of the way. So with a kind heart and some relief I made it to the coast by late lunctime. Since then I've done little but eat and drink. Rare ribeye at Tammy's, a few jars in The Butt of Sherry. Late start then meeting friends.

Back at dad's he is wrapping presents and we have fish pie on the menu. Tomorrow I will do serious food shopping. It's amazing how much one needs to buy with no shops open and the eternal problem of much food and small fridge. But we will get through.

Miriam and Nigel will arrive on Monday. Had a brainwave that said roast pheasant for when they get here. I think that is a good idea. Then indulgence.

Mentally I'm relaxed, anxiety free and mood is in the plus territory where I want it to be. For a while I can cast aside the worries of other people's mental challenges and focus on just us. They can survive a while without me.

Enjoy it while I can. More posts soon but enjoy your weekend. Time to unwind, to indulge and to be kind. For kindness is so precious. We must all remember that.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment