Sunday 7 July 2013

Call Me Governor!

Hi all, I'm back. The sun is shining, I've been to 2 BBQs and I'm off to a 60th birthday party tonight. All sound good? Well it didn't look that way on Friday.

On Friday morning I woke early to a blinding headache, churning stomach, and severe nausea. Not good at all. I called in sick at work and went back to bed. I must have been ill as I slept for another 3 hours without the aid of medication. Not a good start.

The symptoms did begin to ease and late on I decided to take the risk of the jounrey to Kent to see my dad. Then the world changed.

A cursory glance at my work e mail brought me news I was not expecting. I have been elected to the Board of Governors of Hertfordshire Partnership Foudnation Trust. I was stunned. I never thought I would get elected. But elected I was and now the nutter no one wanted to listen to has got into a place of power. Oh how my world has changed.

Part 2

The above was written yesterday but a technical error meant it didn't publish. So onto today's post.

What a weekend for British sport! The Lions rampaged all over the Wallabies and now Andy Murray's glorious victory at Wimbledon. I'm not much of a fan of tennis but it was exciting watching the last few games when I got back from my dad's.

So I face another week as the summer grinds on. In the few weeks I'm headed for Seville and Granada then it is back to the mayhem. I guess in between times I will learn what is expected of me with HPFT.

I Heard a Voice.

PS And here is to England thumping Australia in the 1st test on Wednesday-the Ashes are back!

No comments:

Post a Comment