Sunday 14 July 2013

An Epic Win!

What a test match! It has been such a tense day as England battled with Australia in the Ashes. Finally I can relax as England won by 14 runs. I'm getting too old for this and I'm only a spectator. God knows what it was like for the players!

It's another hot sunny day. The dreariness and cold of early summer seems to have gone. I wonder how long this will go on? As the cricket went on much longer than I anticipated I have not listened to any opera today. But Ali and Gary are coming for dinner tonight so I fear I may have to put on some Puccini. The shoulder of pork will go into the oven at 3 pm for a 30 minute burn, then slow roast for another 3 hours-heaven!

Tomorrow looks calm. I have one student coming then back to those stupid cards. In 2 1/2 days I have done 63, only 47 to go. I still ask the question, whose need does this serve? Certainly not mine.

Next test starts on Thursday, it could be mighty summer. Then when the autumn comes it is back to the NFL. There are rumblings that my beloved Rams may move back to LA-can't wait! Back where they belong.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment