Thursday 22 December 2011

A Week of Writing.

Greetings from a surprisingly mild Hertfordshire,

All is good in my world. I'm catching up on precious sleep, cooking fine food, listening to excellent music and writing the new book. I have made some really good progress having completed 3 more chapters this week. Very pleased with how it is going and I'm over half way.

But I have not just been doing that. The preparations for Christmas continue. Following an epic shopping trip spending my Christmas bonus on Monday I am almost there. Tomorrow there is the unenviable task of trying to find a parking space to collect my goose. Might even walk down and get a cab back. Also need a ham and have found the excellent Campo Viejo Reserva rioja on offer some must get some of that too.

So what the mad world? Yes I'm away from work but I can rarely get away from madness. On Monday I went to secure unit a few miles from here to talk about recovery and my book. Seemed to go quite well with just a small group to talk to. Let us hope my story helps those who are locked up in some way to move towards managing their madness better. I did it for free but am quite happy to do that if it helps in any way.

Tomorrow the chaos begins then it is back home for a weekend of feasting and cooking-really hope the goose comes out okay!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment