Sunday 18 December 2011

A Holiday Triumph.

Well it has finally arrived-I'm on holiday! It is very rare that I run out of steam at work but I did this time and felt I was running on fumes for the last few weeks. But of course I wasn't bored. I have more than 70 people on my books already-a care co-ordinator in a CMHT likely will have 25-30-some of whom are really quite complex. Last year was very tough and full of risk. This year it has been just as complex but less risky-might mean less of my hair falls out this year!

So to the holiday. For the first time ever I have decided to stay at home and do it myself. And I have 3 weeks which I will dedicate to cooking, drinking, and writing. Am about half way through the new book and hoping to make some really good progress over the next 3 weeks. It is coming on well but I have lurking doubts that I can never match the intensity of the first book. But I will keep going.

And the cooking? Well I did a very nice beef rendang yesterday. But little I have ever cooked can surpass the rare roast beef I did for lunch today. It was quite simply sublime! Add to that "Cosi fan Tutti", good rioja and my newly bought bottle of port it has been a fine Sunday indeed.

Continuing the decadent theme I have gone the extra mile this year and ordered half a goose for Christmas. I've never cooked it before and am concerned if I can get it in the oven but am really looking forward to that one. I've invited a couple of friends if they are free but if not I will spend my day alone feasting and drinking to the sound of the Puccini opera my parents bought me. Could there be anything better than that?

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment