Saturday 3 September 2011

A Long Journey.

It has been a long and arduous journey that brought me to where I am now. Why might that be relevant today as September heralds the start of autumn? Well actually it is very relevant for it was four years ago today that I began my job at the university.

One of my old Cambridge friends once described it as "poacher turned gamekeeper"; my transformation for unemployable psychiatric case to a mental health professional. Maybe he was right. I certainly never set out to do that; in fact the complete opposite was true. But they gave me job when no one else would and now I find myself here.

Packing up and moving one's whole life into the unknown is extremely stressful. Creating a new job from scratch may have been just as hard. But now I find myself in the most interesting job in the world, and, contrary to what happened in my long time in the System I have a voice that someone wants to hear.

Back to it all again on Monday. Who knows what the new term will bring me apart from the unusual chaos? In the mean time I will continue on with my new book-have written 9 chapters and nearly 14,000 in the last month. It seems so much easier than the first one.

As for this weekend, generally quiet. I exhausted myself yesterday visiting an old school friend and her two adorable but very boisterous young children. Just heating up leftovers today but I do have some Chinese BBQ ribs marinading in my fridge for tomorrow.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment