Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Marching Season Continues.

There's a very strange programme on the TV in the background as I write this. It's an animation with conversations from actually counselling sessions. So that is what they do! I spend all day with such people and I certainly don't work like that. Maybe I get it wrong but it seems to work for me, and, more importantly the people who come to see me.

Talking of work and counsellors, apparently I have to bring along so culinary delight for a team picnic in a couple of weeks. For years I refused to eat picnic food, I'd done it too many times before. But now, being the foodie that I am my mind is teaming with endless possiblities. I want to bring enough for everyone but perhaps that would be greedy and self indulgent. Can't decide though between Far Eastern, Middle Eastern, North African, or French. Or maybe an old favourite of mine, Spanish. No doubt my mind will vascillate a great deal between now and then and I will probably bring many things.

Well, enough of food. Not sure if I mentioned it on here before but I was visiting a friend in London a few weeks ago and had intended to go to the Boat Race. Sadly, a massive anti cuts march paralysed London that day and I was unable to go. But tomorrow there is another march, one that I'm sure will not get out of hand. It is march by disabled people against cuts in benefits and services. Mind has been heavily promoting it and working hard to protect people's mental health on the day.

I fear it will change nothing but if I was not working tomorrow I would consider joining. Never been on a march before. If you're going, have a good day.

Not sure I can take much more in this counselling. Time log off and turn over.

See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment