Friday 7 January 2011

The End is in Sight!

Well, here I am on cold and very wet day contemplating the end of my long holiday. Today is the last day. I've never actually had 3 weeks of holiday in one go since I started work. Was a bit concerned I might get bored but on the whole it has been pretty good. Managed to visit London a couple of times and St Albans. And of course my week in Kent.

This afternoon I went out to a quiet country pub and watched the world go by. Simple pleasures. Came home to for tea and have been contemplating what to cook. Decided to try something different, a tamarind chicken casserole. I do like trying new things; usually they come out okay but occasionally it goes disastrously wrong. Let's home today is not one of those days.

My mood remains on the plus side of the scale but not as up as it was before Christmas. I've tried to shy away from mental health during my holiday. But that is hard to do when one lives constantly with returning threat of illness. But I try not to worry about that too much.

On Monday I go back to that world. I always expect the unexpected; that's what makes my job fascinating.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment