Wednesday 1 December 2010

I'm a Technophobe.

Hail and salutations from a snowy, icy, windy, and freezing Hertfordshire. Winter has come early but not badly enough to keep me away from work. Hope it clears by the weekend as it now seems I singing in Sussex on Saturday.

As the title of this post suggests, technology terrifies me. I'm a complete idiot when it comes to that sort of a thing. I resisted e mail for years yet cannot do without it now. Blogs were a tremendous gamble but one that appears to be paying off both at work and here. My mobile does all sorts of fancy things but I'm too frightened to use them. Everyone says do everything online; when I do it always goes wrong. I don't like technology and sometimes I don't think it likes me.

But in the last week or so I discovered that I have a stats facility on here. And there are some of you out there who are reading this. As I pottered last night I made a further discovery; I can identify individual countries where viewers reside. Much to my surprise I now know that there are readers in the USA, Canada, and in Singapore. And there was me thinking just one or two friends here in the UK were reading even if I felt sometimes that they were just humouring me.

If you are out there, welcome and thanks for reading. I'm acutely aware that our winter blast here is nothing compared to that experienced in some parts of the USA and Canada but remember, it doesn't happen here often so we all shit ourselves when it does!

On the food front, I'm turning French today. Coq au Vin marinading in my fridge, simple but very pleasureable.

Take care in the snow and ice.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment