Wednesday 29 December 2010

Back in my own Kitchen.

Well after a slightly longer Christmas holiday than I'd planned I am finally home. Most of the snow has gone up here and none more looks likely at the moment. Not been up to much except going into town, looking at the sales (and being very good by not spending too much money) and shopping for a fine feast tonight.

There is something curiously British about the Sunday roast. We all seem to do the same thing every week. But in my place, it is not just confined to Sundays. In fact as I was at the Boxing Day run on Saltwood last Sunday I missed the roast. Good day though and managed to catch up with many old friends. So I thought it thoroughly appropriate to make up for Sunday and indulge my kitchen with some old fashioned roast pork.

Hour and half to go then time to feast. And there is good reason to celebrate. I sat up late to see England finally win the Ashes in Australia-that hasn't happened for 24 years.

So pork, wine, beer and cricket highlights are what's in stall for me tonight.

Hope everyone survived Christmas and may you all have a very Happy and Peaceful New Year.

I Heard a Voice.

PS Off to London tomorrow-more old friends to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment