Monday 22 November 2010

A Hectic November!

Greetings! No I haven't been lost in action over the past couple of weeks just incredibly busy. I see from here that I last posted on 7th November so if you have been reading apologies for not updating.

I am very well. Perhaps too well. This time last year I was certainly too well and paid the price by crashing the other way in January and getting signed off by my Doctor. Hoping to avoid a repeat of that this year.

It is now my fourth year at the university and have had an unusually complex group of people to support. All well and good, and indeed enjoyable. Sometimes though the statutory services I rely on can let me down. My relations across the county for the most part are very good. But there are some services who simply do not want to play ball.

So Thursday, Friday, and today was serious crisis management. Perhaps it would have been less so if those in power had made the hard decisions a few weeks ago! But hey ho, life goes on.

Tomorrow I will be told I lack self esteem. Bollocks! More on that soon. My problem is more that I have too much self esteem. Perhaps that is how I was for years described as a narcissist by the shrinks. They were wrong then and now. It's a label that is hard to get rid of but they now treat me with respect, something that was sadly lacking when I needed their help.

Work continues on my book. It is still being edited. Caused something of a delay but may get a wonderful cover picture for it when it finally comes out. All in the hands of others at the moment.

In the whole I am moving serenely through life despite the chaos around me. That may change in a couple of week though. I'm off to a memorial service on the 4th. Likely to be many ghosts from my past; all good I hope. But there is an outside chance I will see the faceless one; she who's voice haunted me for all those years. Unlikely but maybe there will be the physical embodiment of my psychosis standing in front of me; I will let you all know.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment