Saturday 8 December 2018

Passionate Spain.

On this dull, wet afternoon my life has been transported to Spain. My love of southern Spain is well known amongst my friends. I have been to Seville five times. The sheer emotion and passion of this proud people come forth in all. They eat late and they eat well. The sun shines a lot and the greyness of England seems far away. No I'm not heading back to Spain any time soon but on the radio there is a programme dedicated to flamenco. The sounds of guitar, mournful voice and electric dancing never ceases to draw me in.On this grey and tired day it is most welcome.

My long weekend is underway. The car passed the MOT. I picked up supplies. I cooked for Jo and then I overdid it last night. Feel a little bit guilty as had hoped to pop down to King's Cross to see Beth who has a stall in the market this weekend. But waking late and feeling tired I abandoned the plan.

In its stead I wandered in town to buy a few bits. No further on Christmas presents. Then lunch at The White Horse at Burnham Green and home. Motivation is lacking so I will award myself a day off. Okay so I did do some washing and clearing up but that's about it.

The trip to Sussex is planned. I have to contend with three dogs where I'm staying which makes me a little nervous. But I will be okay.

Tomorrow I will cook roast beef for friends. Should I open the good wine? Is it a special enough occasion? Maybe. Keeping going in the kitchen is as much as I can manage.

Whatever you are up to, relax and have fun. Back soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment