Wednesday 23 August 2023

Pickled Fig and Caramelised Goat's Cheese.

The sun show on us as we strolled along the beach this morning. I've escaped for my annual summer holiday to Kent. Dad and I took refreshments at The Waterfront. An E Type Jaguar was parked outside. I know little of cars but I knew that was special. 

Dad is now playing bowls and I have been a man of leisure. Stunning lunch of caramelised goat's cheese with pickled figs and prosciutto with some local English fizz at The Truffle Pig then shopping for the planned roast beef tonight. 

Two years ago today my life changed. A 25 minute interview, a 10 minute break then the call that allowed me to finally escape the university. 

Who could have known the tormented and tumultuous journey that ensued but I don't regret any of it.

Today I'm still standing, still thinking, still making a difference and still just being me.

My journey back from the seaside is sadly tomorrow but I don't have to work until 5th September. 

Enjoy your summer!

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment