Thursday 5 January 2012

Retracing My Steps.

A decade ago my life was very different to the one I lead now. My destiny appeared and planned to be a teacher. Yet now in the second decade of the 21st century I only rarely teach and spend most of my life sorting other people's heads out. That search for a job back then eventually proved futile although I have met many since who I have been able to help who are very glad I did not become a teacher.

But that search did take me to some interesting places. And one of those places was St Albans. Yesterday I found myself in the very same pub I had stayed in way back then. It was warm and welcoming with a roaring fire and a friendly landlady. I asked if they still rent out rooms and recounted my previous stay. Her response was to say that some feel we should never retrace our steps. But I rather enjoyed my trip down memory lane. Fate took another route back to Hertfordshire and the Doom Bar ale was particularly good.

So here I am with my first post of 2012. I'm coming to the end of my long holiday. Back to work on Monday. Yes I have been cooking, eating, and drinking for Europe whilst I have been off. But I have also made great progress on the book. I have managed to write about 12,000 since my holiday started. One more chapter to do and then that part is complete.

This book has in the main been smooth sailing. But I guess the content is easier when describing being well. Long may my wellness continue.

I hope that also applies to my readers-good luck for the New Year. I wonder where we'll all be at this time in 2013?

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment