Sunday 29 January 2012

Roast Chicken and Mozart.

It has been a funny weekend. I have been exceedingly tired and my sleep has switched into deep sleep mode. I found work on my mind up until today. Things are just a little too overwhelming at the university. There is simply too much to do and too little time to do it. Every time I think I have an hour to catch up the phones ring or I have to respond to urgent e mails. Simply put it is unsustainable at the moment. I have requested a meeting with my boss although I have no idea how to alleviate the pressure.

This weekend was meant to be wind down time. I went to meet my friend Katherine in China Town yesterday and was treated to the Lion Dance in the restaurant we chose. Good food but a little pricey. Still didn't switch off though.

Today thankfully has been more leisurely. I roasted a chicken, bit disappointing though as I overcooked it. But a friend brought an excellent French white wine round. Rarely drink white but Chateau le Bernet Graves is well worth it-in Sainbury's for £9.99. Lunch and wine was accompanied by a great recording of the Magic Flute.

But sadly the weekend has gone far too quickly. It is dark and raining and there is only a matter of time before I am back into the maelstrom of week. Oh well, I guess that is what I get paid for.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment