On a sunny Sunday afternoon in September I bid you a fond hello. Thank you for sticking with me after the tumultuous months that have characterised 2026 for me. No the devil didn't speak. And as per my last post I have been delivered from evil. Truly this year I've seen inside the gates of hell.
Mentally and physically it has taken its toll. I'm back with a care co-cordinator for the first time since last millenia and I now weigh less than 10 stone. Still I keep going and fighting on.
This quiet Sunday I'm listening to Puccini and cooking roast gammon. To be served with roast potatoes, cauliflower, carrots and tenderstem broccoli, gravy and fiery English mustard. Heaven on a Sunday. No wine today, fancy a pint in a country pub instead.
A key part of recent challenges has been the overwhelming isolation of the last few weeks. Excepting staff in shops who know me I've gone days at a time seeing no one. Of course that happened during covid but hard all the same.
Tonorrow I return to my office. I'm not really too anxious about this but do anticipate some adjustment being needed over a few weeks.
I did get away in the week to Folkestone. Always good to get away. Pretty good journey home yesterday. There was a major fire just over the road from where I was staying which has made national headlines. The following morning from the cab conveying me to the station I saw more fire engines in one place than I've ever witnessed before.
Sadly the world appears to be burning too. The result of powerful, angry men who serve but themselves. We live in dangerous times.
I Heard a Voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment