Friday 11 March 2022

Covid Strikes

Greetings out there. Some time has gone by since I last spoke to anyone on here. For that please accept my sincerest apologies. 

You find me stuck at home on a grey afternoon three days into covid. Having led a charmed and lucky life for the last two years the virus struck me on Wednesday. 

It was quite odd in that my first symptom was a very sore back. As I was going through health and safety training at work including chairs and posture and given I have a new chair that I don't know how to adjust I assumed it was that.

Then a terrible night of fever, intense headache and continued back pain. I barely slept and felt terrible. After e mailing my manager to say I wasn't coming in I did a test and as I feared it was positive. 

Last night I slept better and the fever seems to have broken. A sore throat is replacing it and my head and back still hurt but it is manageable today. 

The worst thing though is I'm forced to stay home and not travel to Kent for dad's birthday. Just didn't seem worth the risk even if I test negative 

A PCR test is ready to do this afternoon then just have to sit it out.

On a wider view the world seems a frightening and dangerous place as war rages in Ukraine. I only know what Western journalism tells me and I know the broadcasts in Russia are very different. But I wish for peace for everyone's sake regardless of nationality, creed or agenda.

Take care out there.

I Heard a Voice. 

1 comment:

  1. I have COVID.😢😭💔my throat hurts like heck, my sinuses hurt even worse than my throat, and I am lightheaded. I started feeling wonky on Sunday night, slept all day Memorial Day, and went to urgent care on Tuesday to be tested. When I was told the results I fainted with shock. I have been quarantined for two days now and taking Paxlovid. I don't mind the quarantine as much as I mind the aches and pains. I'd better get better soon because it's so painful. Even my appetite is diminished because of COVID. This pandemic is...as Ron Weasley always said...bloody hell! I hope you have recovered.

    ReplyDelete