Friday 9 July 2021

A Moment of Silence.

 On a humid overcast Friday afternoon I'm home alone, laptop off and radio playing. It has been thus all week. 

As I've continued to struggle for another week I finally spoke to a GP who signed me off for ten days. It was a relief to be honest. 

With luck I can return to work the week after next. That said my sleep remains sporadic, anxiety varying from overwhelming to managing and my mood remains fragile. 

Life without structure has its moments both good and bad. It has allowed me time to sleep, to walk, to eat and to shop. 

Returning to my car this afternoon having ordered my medication I was struck by a few moments of silence. The traffic died away, no one was in sight and for those moments I felt serene. 

With that I will leave you. I will get better. 

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment