Saturday 27 March 2021

New Growth and a Sedate Week.

The sky had clouded over when I went out for my walk this afternoon. The sun was glorious this morning but not too disappointed. So good to see all this new growth in spring. I kind of like all four seasons in different ways. Our clocks go forward tonight. I usually find losing an hour's sleep and having to adjust a bit of a struggle but I'm sure I will be fine by mid week.

When last I spoke to you all I was on leave. It was dad's birthday. He did have a good time and we had a nice video call in the evening. As ever the week went too quickly but I am feeling refreshed. The week back at work was not always easy, it was busy and there was a fraught meeting yesterday. But I thrived. Once again my adage that speaking to people is far more effective than writing to them was proved right.

Now on a Saturday afternoon I'm listening to Handel, the washing has just finished and the world is my oyster. Well in a socially distanced way I suppose. I have been to the Farm Shop at Smallford today. Visited Gareth's butcher yesterday so a culinary adventure will once again feature highly in my life. I'm thinking of doing a chorizo and chickpea stew tonight. A staple of mine it is so simple but so delicious. Tomorrow there will be roast topside of beef, freshly grated horseradish and hopefully Yorkshire pudding.

Sadly for the second year in a row I'm having to forgo my friends coming for Easter Sunday lunch next week. But I will still indulge. With the Thursday before and Tuesday after Easter booked off it will be a six day weekend. And roast duck will adorn my metaphorical table as all the Christians in the world celebrate the holiest day in their calendar.

Dad of course wants to go to all the Easter services. A laudable mission but I hope he doesn't overdo it as he sometimes does.

Whatever you are doing this weekend enjoy yourselves. I certainly intend to. See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice. 

2 comments:

  1. Chorizo is one of my favorite foods. My parents cook it often, with rice and beans. (I don't cook, they share theirs with me or I buy it precooked at Kroger's)
    I like roast beef a lot too, but I'm not familiar with the word "topside" referring to meat; what is topside? It sounds good but I don't know what it is.
    Happy Easter in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handel is my all-time favorite composer! If I could date any man from history it would definitely be Handel. His music is THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete