Wednesday 17 March 2021

Happy Birthday Dad!

I'm back after a bit of a break. Had some IT issues to deal with but service is restored now although my Facebook remains sluggish and un-co-operative. Hopefully that will right itself in time. It does feel good to be back. The sun is shining finally on an indifferent week. I'm on holiday but the rain filled and bleak days have not been conducive to outside life. And with little to do I have been a bit stuck. My focus on sleeping has not worked well, back in those awful dream states. At least though I don't have to set an alarm.

When I last wrote on here my mood was far too elevated. It was wonderful but didn't lead to good outcomes. The crash hasn't come and I'm in that dull middle zone of nothing now. That is a safer place to be for the most part. Will it stay there? God I want it to go up a little but not too much. The joys of a mood disorder. I'm seeing my consultant in two weeks so we will see what he has to say.

I learned last week that sadly my therapy is coming to an end. He is retiring. I had expected that at some point but the news still jolted me somewhat. He has helped me a lot and straightened a few things out in my mind. The next question is how do I manage the transition to being without. Given I went 20 years without therapy and mainly thrived I'm sure I will be fine.

Being at home I have decided to indulge in double opera day. So The Barber of Seville now and possibly some Mozart tonight. In truth there is little else to do. But I can get ahead on my reading and just enjoy not being up against it at work.

Finally today a very happy birthday to my dad! Hope you have a fabulous day dad and with luck speak later.

Take care out there. It seems to me as if my world has become a little lighter after the enduring darkness that has been the last year. Less than a month and my wild crazy hair will have been tamed. I will be able to sit in the pub garden with my friends. Then not long later I will finally be able to have visitors. 

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment