Friday 13 July 2018

Cafe Culture on Sea.

Hello! Have you missed me? It has been a whole week since I came on here and only done two posts since July rolled in. The glorious sunshine in the main continues. The heat of recent weeks is not quite so prominent but will I understand build in the coming days.

You find me today by the seaside. An escape often feels good. I caught the train after work yesterday and will spend time here with dad until Monday. I'm doing okay. Work was quiet but manageable. I have so much leave to use up I have elected to book a series of long weekends. So here I am in the garden of England in summer sun and relative serenity.

There is a bit of an ulterior motive for being here. In 45 minutes I must catch up bus to Hawkinge to go to a funeral. My friend Helen is burying her mum today. My intention is to go up a little earlier to go to mum's memorial. A while since I was there.

Whilst down though I intend to catch up with whoever is around. Quaint relatively well heeled towns like Hythe have a high concentration of cafes. Not quite like the continent, they are more coffee and food places than beer places as one would find across Europe. Pleasant none the less though. So this morning took me Le Salamandre to meet my old Cambridge singing friend Juliet, then on to The Nutmeg for brunch with Beth. What a lovely morning.

It is a shame that England's unexpected World Cup adventure has come to an end. But it was fun while it lasted. In a way I'm slightly relieved as I would have been here for the final rather than back in The Hedgehog. My intention is to head back home again on Monday.

For all of you out there working take heart from the fact that it is Friday, the weekend beckons and the world for a short while is yours to play with.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment