Wednesday 27 December 2023

By the Pale Light of Dawn.

It's nearly 8.30 am in the heart of East Kent. I've been awake since 6.00 am. Some days I just can't sleep. 

I watched Dawn breaking over the beach. There no sun to be seen, just the pale, eery dawn light of a late December morning.

The sky was alive with gulls. The sky a threatening slate grey. And the sea rising to heights then crashing down on the beach.

I'm not a morning person. In fact I hate mornings. Today though I was at one with nature in all its brutal savagery. 

The celebration of Christmas was grand this year. We nailed the roast goose. The pudding divine. And the cheese awesome. Much wine too. I was so tired I could have gone to bed at 5.00 pm.

Boxing day saw roast gammon before Miriam and Nigel disappeared on their travels. 

The world may be in turmoil but for two days at least I was at peace.

A year ago I also woke early. My mind was destroyed that day. I saw inside the gates of hell that day. Not today though. 

I'll tarry here a little while longer. Then out for breakfast and after get my hair cut.

Work is still a week away. There are people to see and things to do before then. I hope the drive home on Saturday will be a simple as the journey down here.

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment