Friday 3 September 2021

Waning Days.

Time ticks on as ever. In the blink of an eye seemingly my holiday is almost at an end. We barely saw the sun but what a break it has been. My time of yesteryear is waning too just like my holiday. What will come will come.

So far I've done all that is asked of me. Anxiety still stalks me and sleep has been poor. But I'm getting there. These little things are sent to try us.

Today's plan is cricket, butcher, more cricket, a call to my friend Ella then a Selwyn zoom late afternoon. That sounds like a good day. Pretty evenly poised in the test match.

Returning to work on Monday will be challenging but okay. I will contact all the many friends I have met in academic schools with my news. Some already know. I wonder if we'll have a party? That would be nice but those things have waned somewhat during the pandemic.

I'm looking forward to seeing dad a week tomorrow. We had a video chat last night which was good. I will do some nice cooking when I'm down and hopefully see a few people. Coincidentally although possibly by design my friend Annabelle will be staying with Beka at the same time so let's hope we can hook up.

Before then though there is a weekend to enjoy. I'm cooking a trout fillet for my supper with some new potatoes and vegetables tonight. A glass of Picpoul de Pinet with that. Not sure about tomorrow but I have ordered some turkey breast for Sunday. Sarah is going to join me.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment