Sunday 5 August 2018

This Little Piggy Went to Market.

On another glorious summer's day I'm home with all the windows and doors open, an ice cold glass of water and the wonderful sounds of Beethoven's String Trios to accompany me. This eternal summer goes on and on and we are making hay so to speak. In a literal sense too as all the grass has turned to the colour of straw and the parched earth worries gardeners but not others. I well recall mum obsessing about the heat and lack of rain and the eternal battle to water the garden.

For me it has been a long weekend. Having tentatively planned to go down to Arundel to see Kiwi Sarah but heard nothing back from her I thought I might as well take the time and relax. Well not all relaxing, finally caught up on the domestic tedium of cleaning and washing. That has rather been neglected since I went back to work. So must be done.

Yet to not worry about getting up, to not be in such a rush and a chance to slow down have been good. Work was mixed. I ploughed my way through a 120 page report which appears to suggest I have done no good at all in my career in Hertfordshire. Curiously enough one of the participants in the "research" contacted me and said the complete opposite yet somehow that didn't make it into the final draft. I fear once again political egoism is coming into play.

Despite that I do feel quite relaxed. I have a nice free range chicken to roast, friends are coming round and a crisp New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc is chilling in the fridge. Part of that comes from the fact that I booked tomorrow off as well. And I'm going on an adventure.

Intending to catch the 11.52 train Sussex Sarah and I are headed to Borough Market. What fun! Nowhere near as crowded on a Monday I will sacrifice a few closed stalls for the calm and leisure that rarely happens at a weekend. I don't know if Sarah has ever been but I intend to take her to Brindisa for lunch and then I wander in the market. I suspect she will buy a lot of cheese. I too am under instructions to buy cheese for Ali. She will insist on paying me for it but I will certainly decline that offer as it was her birthday on Friday and I owe her a little present.

Do enjoy the rest of the day. I now plan to immerse myself on Beethoven and get under way with the roast chicken.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment