Thursday 6 December 2018

A Friendly Conversation.

Traffic wardens are some of the most reviled people in this country. Who would want that job? I'm sure they are spat at and abused by some, shouted at by others. I'm not entirely sure I've ever had a conversation with one. Until today. No I didn't get in trouble. But my plan today before my afternoon meeting was to try to check out how the new parking restrictions look in town. Purely by chance I wandered down to look at the sign said traffic warden was there. So I asked her. And much to my surprise she was not only helpful but very friendly. It is not helpful that yet more parking is restricted but at least I won't get caught out.

The difficult time in my life continues. Not really my life, more my working life. And struggle as I do I do need to keep trying to separate the two. Something of relief then that I'm now off for a few days. Tomorrow car MOT and service. A quiet weekend, well if you exclude Jo coming to dinner tomorrow, followed by an overnight trip to Sussex on Monday.

For what may be the last time I will attend the vast chapel of Lancing College for a carol service. Neil my old music teacher is retiring. So with great reverence I will try to pay homage to a man who had big influence on my life.

Closer to home I saw the therapy chap today. Continues to be quite helpful and surprising. I'd never been a fan owing to terrible past experiences. Perhaps I'm in a more meaningful place to change now.

Back at home opera night has shifted to Thursday. I was out with Sarah last night to celebrate her birthday. Despite nightmares with buses when I eventually got there I had a good time. And we had a lovely waitress who really looked after us. Tonight it is Cosi fan Tutte and making a start on Howards End. Had hoped to begin last week but it didn't happen.

Enjoy the coming weekend. And remember the holiday will soon be upon. Take care and good night.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment