Saturday 1 December 2018

A Dreary and Tired Saturday.

On a wet and dreary Saturday afternoon you find me at home listening to Beethoven on the radio. I'm very tired today after a tough week and not much sleep. After weeks of serenely progressing through my working life the wheels didn't quite fall off this week but it was hard going. A week ago the day dawned well. The silly kitchen catastrophe of which I wrote then triggered off a chain reaction. Sunday I felt low and anxious. Monday brought uncertainty. Wednesday sadness and self beating. And Friday was just a get through the day day.

The lack of sleep and the bad dreams of last night have left me weary but still going. I did some shopping both eating, Christmas and birthday for Sarah. Tonight's kitchen offering is rabbit with prunes in red wine. Looking forward to that. Then tomorrow roast pheasant.

I bought some nice wine yesterday and am slowly ramping up my liver for Christmas. Never do much crazy anymore when drinking now. Like to be more controlled. It is good to indulge though in the festive period.

As I write the wider world of the UK is most unsettled. What will be the outcome of the brexit vote in parliament? I vividly recall that summer day a couple of years ago when I walked down to vote uncertain either way as no one knew what either outcome would bring. Now we are just as uncertain. That the government will lose the vote seems a given. But then what? A general election will take us no further forward. These times are so uncertain.

More soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment