Saturday 24 November 2018

Weekend of Broken Glass, Pungent Sauce and Clearing Up.

My plan for this weekend was simple, keep it simple. Having indulged both in London and at dad's a quiet time of domesticity and good cooking seemed appropriate. Tedious but need to keep up with these things. Yesterday went smoothly with much of the cleaning done and fine Chinese food, willow chicken with chilli and black beans. Today not quite according to plan.

Knocking over a new and unopened bottle of Worcester sauce set off a chain reaction. Said bottle hit an empty wine glass on the top. Both exploding showering the kitchen and me in glass and pungent dark sauce. Having spent a considerable time cleaning up after that the last thing I wanted to do was more cleaning. But I did and the bathroom is now clean. The smell of sauce lingers though, God knows when that will dissipate. But worse could have happened, I was not injured and can now go on with the afternoon.

Handel's Israel in Egypt is playing. Despite the gloom outside I feel comparatively upbeat. My mood is fine and I can look forward to lamb keftes with Aleppo pepper for supper.

In the main I have avoided mental health this week. I did touch on it a little with my friend Katie over lunch on Wednesday. We met working for CMHT and it was good to catch up. Sadly many we knew then are still so stuck in their illness wracked world of cheap coffee, unhealthy fried food and smoking roll ups. I have a lot to be thankful having got out of that world.

It could be argued that for the last few months I have been back in that world. True I have a consultant once again. A therapist who has put to shame some of those I met in a past life. And of course I take my medication. But today I am well.

I doubt I will make it away again this side of Christmas. That is excepting the carol service at Lancing on the 10th. There will be many there I know. Two former directors of my musical career retiring in the same year. Life marches on.

Enjoy the weekend out there. Soon the holiday will come and we will indulge. After that the battle that is the advent of 2019. When the sun emerges in spring we look for new life. Take care in the cold and darkness.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment