Tuesday 20 November 2018

Under Leaden Skies, a Trip to the Seaside.

Under leaden grey skies I caught the train down to the coast. Wet and gloomy that adage I frequently pose to students that places seem wonderful when the sun is shining but on a wet Thursday in November it is much bleaker. It is only Tuesday but down here by the sea it is pretty bleak.

Finding me here on a Tuesday is unusual. But having had to work on Saturday I had a day and a half owing and four days left over from last year so a week off was a most enticing. Thus for a couple of days only I find myself back home with those I know so well.

It has been an interesting few days. On Friday despite my fear I attended the Old Lancing 1988 reunion drinks in town. Aside from getting horribly lost and rather unnerved recognising almost no one as I walked in it was a pretty good night. God we have aged! Although I seem to have got off more lightly than most.

Working on Saturday I did a pretty good job convincing people I knew all about dyslexia, autism and physical disability and carried it off with aplomb. In fact I know next to nothing. Yesterday I headed for Borough Market. Beautiful lunch in Brindisa followed by a moderately restrained but still expensive trip round the market. I dined on corn fed poussin with organic new potatoes and white Burgundy. I delivered cheese to my friends and then settled down to watch the Rams and Chief slug it out on Monday night. In a game for the ages the Rams emerged victorious and go marching on. Will watch the whole game when I get home.

The next couple of days mean catching up with friends and unwinding. It is good to have a break. Mood remains good, not too over the top and still avoiding pissing people off.

Enjoy the week if you can, don't work too hard and remember the holidays are nearby. My week will be one of leisure. See you at the weekend.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment