Saturday 6 October 2018

Seasonal Sustenance.

On a wet dreary October afternoon can there be anything better than to turn to the food of the season? I'm not always precious about seasonal food, don't really have access to all the materials I need, I'm not a fan of root vegetable options and the autumn would be very dull without some healthy greenery. But autumn is a time for game and blackberries. So on my trip to see Gareth the butcher this morning I was delighted to find loin of venison on offer. With some blackberries in the fridge it was crying out for rare venison medallions with a blackberry and port sauce.

So I'm under way in the kitchen, the cold is shut out and the rain falls harmlessly outside and I'm enjoying my Saturday. And I have rare roast leg of lamb to look forward to tomorrow.

The week was pretty chaotic, the ante climbed much higher on Thursday but my vast experience came through to shine in a way it hasn't for too long. As fear stalked the halls of our building and all around felt under pressure I came home feeling awesome. Not overly manic, not dismissive and arrogant but finally back to what I once did so well.

We survived and although I was tired when I woke today it is so good to be back. The break is well earned, there is a long way to go but my fear that built the closer we got to term and the anxiety has retreated to the shadows.

I have to see my consultant on Wednesday. Part of me thinks I no longer need him. But the shift is still in its infancy so better to stay attached to the support I've had and try and bed in the change rather than go off on my own. That time will come.

Not sure yet whether to watch a film or listen to opera tonight, decisions to make. Both would be good but I'm not always good at making decisions. And with that I bid you all good night. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment