Sunday 14 October 2018

On a More Even Keel.

The rain has been falling steadily down all day. I woke late, a little unsettled and tired. There had been two waking moments in the night. Ahead of me lay roast chicken, indoors time and coming to terms with the events of the last few days.

It has been a glorious wave to ride. The arrogance and dismissive mood has gone. I no longer fear annoying people. And I haven't had to increase my medication. I did not come crashing down as I feared I might. Just rode out the storm and the ship that is my life is now calm and on an even keel.

Despite my fear I did not cancel dinner with Sarah. The venison medallions were o so rare, the blackberry and port sauce was bang on, the dessert decadent and such lovely Rioja. So pleased I didn't cancel. Another reminder that my friends are so special in my life.

On the phone to Beka yesterday she told me I was speaking very fast. A classic sign. Now I'm not speaking at all. I'm listening to Handel's Rinaldo with a chilled glass of wine and basking in the laziness of a quiet wet Sunday, sated with wonderful roast chicken and putting aside thoughts of tomorrow.

Without looking at the diary I know it will be busy. But I think now I will not need to explain to Lena what might have been this week had the wave stayed high and my life riding it out. We can save that for another day.

Not sure when next sermon will be. But be assured I will be back, maybe in the week, maybe at the weekend. Until that return take care.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment