Saturday 13 October 2018

Impatient Irritability.

I knew it was coming. After a week of plaudits that I often dismiss my mood went through the roof last night. In pomp and arrogance I surveyed the surrounding detritus of cocaine fuelled idiots and looked on in contempt. It is great to be awesome.

Great for me that is. I'm very much hoping to have not offended anyone. With luck that is a sign I'm slowing down. In its stead comes impatience, irritability and elevation that made me dismiss the crowds in town, deny what I need to do in the flat and generally look down on what Bernie Rosen used to call the nitty gritty of life. I can't be bothered with that today.

That I feel a little hungover is leading to some confusion. One of those terrible hungry hangovers. I thought I was going to be sick as I tried to sate the beast with a fry up in Cafe Trio. Not my best idea.

The plan for tonight is to cook for Sarah. Not entirely sure she will appreciate my mental state so toying with the idea of cancelling. In truth though it is probably what I need to have structure, company and fun. I just hope I'm not rude to her.

Whilst I love the elevated mood I must be wary. If I go over the top I not only alienate people I also burn out. Having been struggling for so long it is good to be in open mental country. How long will it last? Will the plaudits of my work serenaded on the radio and in the paper on World Mental Health Day prove too much? I hope not.

Being back to where I once was does have its bonuses. I have more energy, I have passion and I have purpose. But at what price.

I will keep you posted in coming days. Have a fabulous Saturday.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment