Sunday 12 August 2018

Leaves and Rain Fall, is this the End?

Gentle rain falls in my part of the world. It is mild but overcast, still and stifling. I first noticed the leaves had started falling a couple of weeks ago. Believe it or not I have been back at work for nine weeks. Where has summer gone? In a little over two weeks I turn 49. Seems just a short while since I turned 40. On that day my lovely friend Jayne came back into my life after a four year hiatus triggered by my mania. Oh that that mania would return! I would certainly cope better with my fears.

Sadly on this Sunday afternoon you once again find me worrying about work. Not that there is too much on. It is just that working with people with what is sometimes referred to as "communication difficulties" is hard enough anyway. But when they barely speak English I don't rate my chances. Once again I battle expectation. People keep telling me I put it on myself. But I simply don't know what I can do tomorrow.

There is some time though. Opera is put on hold today because of the cricket and West Ham being on TV. I can't see much more play in the Test and West Ham are losing. So doesn't look promising.

Tonight I am going out to a friend's for dinner. My intention was to cook roast pork today but the invitation came just before I went to see Gareth the butcher. Instead I will have Ann's roast belly pork. She does cook so well.

Wish me well for tomorrow as I must wish myself well. Be kind to yourself is Ros's famous mantra, not a bad plan. Just so hard to do sometimes. In a brief few weeks the sun will have gone, the leaves will be cascading down and the whirlwind that is term time will be upon us.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment