Sunday 29 July 2018

Celestial Washout.

The rains have well and truly come to my world. After weeks of bright sunshine, parched land, intense heat and energy sapping humidity it all finally broke on Friday evening and the heavens opened. It feels equally glorious to finally cool down as it had to experience a rare sunny summer.

Sadly it had to coincide with a big celestial event of a blood moon and Mars close to the earth. The result was we saw nothing at all. Such a shame. The pictures I have seen looked spectacular. But it wasn't to be.

I have had a visitor for the weekend. My old friend Marie hasn't been up for over a year. So it was nice to take Friday off and meet her off the train. A wander to The Waggoners when she got here then Dan Dan Mian noodles for supper. A weekend ahead was unfortunately marred her feeling unwell. We did make it St Albans as we had hoped but she ate little, drank less and after slept poorly. No doubt she will recover soon but was somewhat concerned should she have passed it on to me. I do hope not.

On this dank wet Sunday afternoon she has now gone home. I cooked roast beef for lunch, very good. And now listening to Handel's Orlando after a swift pint in The Sun at Lemsford. I have no doubt the hours will slip by quickly.

All too soon the alarm will go and I will start the next week of my journey. My intention is to go up to full time hours from tomorrow. I think I'm doing okay there although the bumps in the road, the little sensitivities do not bode well for the autumn. I must keep working and trying to get to where I need to be.

I do have holiday to use up before then so some long weekends will be in the offing. Just not sure when. Enjoy the rest of Sunday and don't get too wet out there. Until next time.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment