Monday 12 March 2018

Wet Days, Sleepless Days, What's Happening Days?

The fields are submerged, the verges are lakes and the clouds heavy with rain. It has not been a nice day here. Given that it is now officially spring I did not expect such a cold wet Monday. I did not have a good start, struggled to get to sleep then woke early again. Feeling low and irritated looking out did nothing to brighten my mood. As a result I'm not sure what to make of my day.

I did have a brief foray out in the rain, needed light bulbs. Yes I've been here only two week and already two bulbs have blown. The curtain rail in the living room fell apart when I pulled them back, the boiler is showing worrying trends well known from the previous place and the palatial initial view of my new place is quickly dimming.

That said though I'm making progress. Council tax and water now sorted. By my reckoning I will be about £90 worse off here than before. Not great but nowhere near as bad as I feared. I'm looking into updating my driving license, God they want a lot of information, and my car registration document. Then all the tedious little things will have been done.

Today's intention was to meet my friend Mala for lunch. However her schedule changed so we have had to postpone until an as yet unknown date in the future. So what to do? I don't really know.

Time keeps ticking by and that empty sense that depression brings keeps telling me I'm wasting time and my life. I feel bad for not being back at work but until a proper plan has been worked out I'm not going to take the risk. There will no doubt be more flak from people who do not understand but I put up with that for years so what is a few weeks? I will make it in the end.

Suppose I'd better get in with the driving license form so see you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment