Tuesday 2 January 2018

Wet Winter Afternoons.

If it remains the same as this I will not see the full moon tonight. Wet and overcast, a dull winter day. At least I didn't have to go into work though. Many will have gone back today but I remain free and at a loose end.

Braving the rain I set off hopeful of buying something nice in the sales. I have a couple of vouchers that I got for Christmas. My intention was to order a freezer. Sadly though the one I was after is not in stock anymore. So forlornly I wandered round the the rest of the shop but found nothing of interest. Nor indeed in any other shop. So empty handed I ventured forth in search of a late lunch.

And I found it at The Waggoners. The most beautiful tomato soup with a touch of tarragon. That was worth it. Empty handed is not entirely true as I bought a few things for the fridge to feed me in the coming days. Sprats will be a delight tomorrow before I head on out to the cinema.

Back in the warm, the heating is holding, I have put on La Clemenza di Tito and will while away a few hours with a book. I have neglected both my books in the holiday but there is time to start up again.

Later I must call dad. He didn't have a very good night so I'm told but is seeing the Doctor today. It will I suspect be a slow process to recovery. My friend Michael will go and visit at some stage this week. And Miriam is hoping to go down at the weekend.

On such a dull day it is hard to keep my mood up. I woke somewhat flat to be greeted with such a poor day. Rain is not much fun. But it will brighten up sometime so more adventures will await during this well timed week off.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment