Monday 1 January 2018

All Things Considered, Doing Well.

The last four New Year's Days have not been kind to me. Four years ago I came down with whooping cough. The year after a heavy cold. Last year a virus and terrible hangover. And now? I feel pretty good. That is a huge relief given recent events.

I deliberately took things fairly gently last night. Had a lovely dinner with Gary and Ali. Much to my delight the loin of pork did not toughen up as it sometimes does. The Hedgehog was loud and had more than its share of idiots but I had a pretty good time. Heading home not too late I indulged in a glass of Rioja and some cooking programmes until 3 am. Then bed.

Good though I feel I remain tired. Sleep has been odd during the recent crisis with dad. Tired but often waking. You may say nothing new in that but the anxiety that has so plagued me over recent years was not in evidence. Fear yes at what will happen with dad. But that is different to the ludicrous worries that the anxious mind torments me with. Yes the worries in the flat continue, the boiler has reverted to its troublesome self. But I plough.

Gary and Ali are returning the dinner invitation tonight. Be nice to give cooking a rest. I ventured out for a bite of lunch at The White Horse. Lovely potted seafood and focaccia.

Back at home Classic FM plays and I've just made tea. Wonder what the rest of the week will bring? Hopefully better sleep.

Wherever you may be reading New Year will I hope be good to you. Take care and catch up another time.

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment