Saturday 4 November 2017

The Half Way Point.

As I headed to my car yesterday at the end of the working day I was second guessing myself. I had to make some difficult decisions and I wasn't certain I had got them right. That it was something of an onslaught is a given. The previous day I had had a 2 hour meeting with the Crisis Team as they are loaded up with students. I have yet to find out if the risks I took have paid off. It could be a bumpy Monday if I'm wrong. But I am secure in the knowledge that I have reached the half way point of the term and am still standing.

Last night I went out with Sarah to The Neem Tree. It's a pretty good curry house and we had a lovely evening. I didn't fear for the morrow and was able to cast aside any doubts I had. Sarah was on fine form as ever and enjoying a break from work. It is good to do that at times.

Sadly the night was not so good. I slept sporadically despite feeling very tired when I got in. I was up comparatively early and found myself battling a sore throat and inflamed tonsils. I will be fine but on such a wet day there wasn't too much cheer to be had. I will persist though in making the weekend a good one.

A rabbit stew is in the offing tonight. As the colder wetter days set in I bought my first sprouts of the new season so go along with my stew. I'm very partial to sprouts. And continuing the hearty fare and game theme I have a pheasant to roast tomorrow.

So on this Saturday afternoon I have Haydn playing and a new book to commence. I finished my cousin Karen's book on Wednesday and am now ready to get going with A A Gill's Lines in the Sand. I think a film in the warm would be good later.

Do wrap up on this wet gloomy day, stay in and eat well. That is what the weekend is for.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment