Wednesday 15 November 2017

Cheese and Wine Anyone?

All week that sin of greed has been eating away at me. Ever since I had a spare half hour near the Galleria and spotted a beautiful coat in a shop. The colour of brown sugar, double breasted and looking o so smart I have resisted so far. I do have four coats already although my envious eyes sees them as jaded and in need of supplementary reinforcements. Passing close that way again today I resisted for the time being.

Is this a sign? I spent a lot in Waitrose on my way home, some things I needed, some I didn't. Where is my mood? I feel pretty tired but I'm also feeling impulsive. What is this state? Overwhelmed but mainly paddling on serenely. Such a mix of contradiction. Must get down to my mood diary although I'm not quite sure how I will measure this week.

Enough of that though, it is Wednesday. I'm blogging a little early tonight so opera hasn't started. For the time being Classic FM is my background sound. Later I will have a visitor for an indulgent evening of cheese, wine and Mozart. Been a while since Jo came round. It will be nice to see her and partake of a cultural evening. That partially explains why I spent so much but I don't care. I just want a fun evening.

Tonight I mellow, tomorrow another day of this marathon week. My colleague Lisa told me I looked tired today. Certainly each morning the duvet is more enticing than the cold outer world. But I have not succumbed to my fear and desire for sleep. I think I'm doing quite well.

At this midweek point, I hope you are all thriving. We're on the downhill slope to the weekend so take it easy, do what you need to do and escape any stress to fight another day.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment