Saturday 24 June 2017

Sore Shoulders and Bruised Heels.

The weekend is on to the second day, the sun is sporadically shining, the intense heat has dissipated but the humidity remains. I have brought forward opera and reading to a Saturday night.

I'm not really feeling at my best. Mentally I'm fine but feeling a little battered physically. In my zeal to walk more I rather overdid it and have a battered and bruised heel. Then completely out of nowhere yesterday afternoon in my office I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder. A day and night on it is just as intense and has spread to my neck. Moving is not easy although the typing is going better than I feared.

Knowing nothing about shoulders or why this should be I'm seeking the advice of Alyssa who it transpired does sports massage. Hopefully that will sort it out. More painful broken sleep nights like I have just experienced will inevitably impact on my mood.

Not all is lost though. Gary, Ali and Alyssa took me out to lunch in return for cooking for them. My love of cooking transcends a need to pay me back but we had a lovely afternoon and good to see Yang.

Having overeaten at lunch something simple was needed tonight. So clams with garlic, parsley and Manzanilla sherry with a salad dressed with sherry vinegar took centre stage. And very good it was too.

As it is opera night now do I relax my rule tomorrow and have a little adventure in the country before cooking? It depends somewhat on my shoulder. It was not easy looking both ways whilst driving to the butcher today. Let's hope for a better tomorrow.

With that I will return to my Albarino, Mozart and book and bid you all good night.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment