Sunday 11 June 2017

Carrion for the Crows.

A once promising day has grown dull. There is a threat of rain. The wind has blown up. And another Sunday is underway. Although I woke late after trouble getting to sleep the hints of anxiety were there. I was almost anxious about being anxious. True my long delayed trip to the dentist is coming up. But that thought was not too prominent. More just a fear of today and what is to follow.

The airwaves are still alive with the fallout from the cataclysmic election. That is of course depending on where one is looking from. As I see it May is now carrion ready to be picked apart by a murder of crows and any circling buzzards and vultures that happen to be around.

The young and many of my friends continue to crow over an astonishing result. I am just fearful. It would have been better to have an outright winner of either camp than this. Uncertainty pervades my country through and through. Are friends turning on friends as the did after last year's vote to leave the EU? There is a nasty atmosphere.

On a more down to earth level though it was joyous to see Southwark Cathedral reopen today after last week's savage attack. I'm hoping to go to London to meet Kiwi Sarah on Saturday. Others may be less keen on risking our bustling capital. I have to go back some time though.

I have no desire to go out today. Only want to stay in and keep my shaky confidence in check. Why is it so today? It never used to be like this. Yesterday was fine so why not today? Perhaps slow roast lamb with help. That will go in around 3 pm. My neighbour Richard will be joining me.

Dentist aside I'm not too concerned about next week. This is partially as I steadfastly refuse to check my e mails or open my diary. That can wait until tomorrow morning. I'm missing being able to speak to Miriam who is currently away in Sardinia. Dad asked once again about the possibility of us going away but I'm kind of wedded to the idea of rest and the odd day trip. Nikki's wedding is now less than a month away so that will be a weekend away. I'm slightly apprehensive of going to a wedding where I only know the bride and groom plus one other guest. Given that Nikki was one of my students it will be interesting having to explain how I know her. They were all out for her hen do last night, hoping they had a great time.

Back now to my opera and reading. Wherever are, whatever you believe please have a good week in these uncertain times.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment